Helena Markson (1934-2012) was a well-known painter and printmaker. She was born in London and moved with her family to Salisbury in 1941 where she studied at Salisbury School of Art, continuing her studies at the Central School of Art in London under Merlyn Evans. Helena Markson co-directed the Fine Art Printmaking Workshop in Charlotte Street, London W1 1963-66. She taught at Chelsea College of Art and also at St Martin's School of Art in central London, and established the etching studio at the Byam Shaw School of Painting, London. Her early prints, which were mainly etchings, were published by Editions Alecto, which included the highly collected Liverpool Suite from 1964-65. Markson was elected to the Senefelder Group and the Printmakers Council of Great Britain. In 1970 she settled in Israel., where she co-founded the Art Department at the University of Haifa and also set up her own Fine Art Print Studios. She taught both etching and lithography in Jerusalem, Haifa and Tel Aviv. Her studio was located in the Ein Hod Artist’s Village in Israel and her work is held in a number of public collections around the world including The Tate Gallery, London; Israel Museum, Jerusalem; National Museum, Wales; and the Museum of Modern Art, New York. An excellent book on Helena Markson ‘A Sense of Place’ by the well known print dealer Emma Mason was published in 2016.