Robert Clatworthy, RA (1928-2015) was a well-known British sculptor, draughtsman and art teacher, born in Bridgwater, Somerset. He studied at the West of England College of Art 1944-46, at Chelsea School of Art 1949-51, and at the Slade School 1951-54. In 1955 he had his first exhibition at the Hanover Gallery in London. During the 1950s Clatworthy taught at the St Martin’s School of Art alongside Elisabeth Frink, Anthony Caro and Sir Eduardo Paolozzi. He joined the London Group in 1956 and later taught at the Royal College of Art and the West of England College of Art. Appointed Governor at St Martins in 1970 and head of fine art at Central School of Art and Design until 1975. He exhibited at the Royal Academy from 1971 and was elected RA in 1973. His work is held in a number of public collections including the Tate Gallery, National Portrait Gallery and the Art Council Collection. Robert Clatworthy spent his later years in Llandovery, south Wales.